- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Singapore, Central, Singapore
- Lead and develop repair processes for Component Repair New Product Introduction (NPI), generate manufacturing routers, generate VSE package and various approval documentation, follow up to resolve technical concerns raised and follow through till approval is obtained.
- Work closely with the US repair development and delivery team in Singapore, USA & other global sites, during the NPI repair development phase & industrialization.
- Manage multiple NPI projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
- Lead and effectively interface with Operations, Quality, and other support teams during NPI repair industrialization into the Shop and ensure that it meets Production, EHS, Quality, Cost Savings intent within schedule and budget
- Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the action items to be carried out for the NPI are executed on time and on budget.
- Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are completed and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements
- Bring new ideas and positive support to the current NPI process and resolve technical or process issues arising during the development of the repair.
- Participate in Lean initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for NPI process improvements
- Implement productivity actions to improve the new repair process and respect objectives
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Mechanical / Aeronautical / Material or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Preferable with more than 3 years of relevant working experience in an Aerospace Component Repair development environment.
- Prior experience with Aerospace Component Repair development is preferred
- Good understanding of manufacturing and inspection tools and processes used in the repair industry - heat treat, thermal spray, peening, welding, machining, etc.
- Working knowledge of blueprints, application of engine manuals and technical substantiation process will be an advantage.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Good time management and strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and customer needs.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization & interact with diverse global teams.
- Strong project and team leadership
- Able to achieve high quality results working under challenging time constraints.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer