Electrical Engineer - Electro-mechanical System
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
A Tip Sensor Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the hardware design, procurement, and application of electrical systems in support of non-contact blade tip sensors measuring blade vibration and clearances across GE Aviation engines. You will work with a broad horizontal team to define technology requirements and advancement improvements that support meeting blade tip sensing test requirements. You will utilize your electrical design experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and affect short-term and long-term business goals.
- Engineer would be responsible for maintaining and updating GE specialty instrumentation electronics schematics and board level designs. Sensors technologies include both high frequency analog signals 50 MHz and electro-optical components including fiber optics, laser diodes, and silicon optical detectors.
- Support the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. The role has end to end EE responsibilities: design, build, test, and deploy systems.
- Provide technical input to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues.
- Participate as a contributor, presenter, or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience).
- Relevant experience or interest in electro-mechanical systems engineering.
- Knowledge of both analog and digital circuit design.
- Familiarity with both schematic capture and PCB design tools.
- Demonstrated interest in advancing the state of the art in a technical specialty.
- Familiarity with engineering design process and such as design reviews through the Chief Engineer's Office.
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment configuring and testing electro-mechanical hardware and associated data collection / test systems.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary team including integrated electrical, mechanical, and software concepts.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- PC proficiency.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer