Power Electronics Lead Engineer
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
The Power Electronic Lead Engineer is a high-impact and dynamic role. In this role, you will contribute to the development of advanced power conversion and be part of the power electronic design team where you will demonstrate talent and leadership designing and developing advanced power converters for military and/or commercial applications. This role is open for either Pompano Beach, FL or Long Island, NY location.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, development and analysis of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirement
- Develop, analyze and recommend topologies for high power/high density power converters
- Provide technical leadership to personnel / multi-functional teams supporting the assigned project
- Implement and develop plans to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Lead engineering teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Participate and/or present in program reviews
- Provide power conversion products solutions through modeling, simulation, design and analysis circuits and their controls
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Engineering environment
- Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Design experience with high power/high density power converter utilizing SiC and GaN devices for airborne and military ground vehicle applications
- Experience of system modeling using Matlab/Simulink programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer