HVAC Refrigeration Technician (1st Shift)
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
- Maintain, repair and complete preventative maintenance on various types of HVAC equipment including but not limited to: rooftop units, cooled chilled water systems, split systems, cooling towers, air handlers and pneumatic controls
- Maintain, repair and complete preventative maintenance on various types of refrigeration units
- Perform related work such as installation of compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating fans and other related duties as needed
- Perform other duties as required
- Massachusetts Refrigeration License and Recovery Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent education (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and diagrams
- Ability to work in confined areas, work off ladders, platforms and heights
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 30 lbs. (with or without reasonable accommodations).
- Experience as refrigeration mechanic working in an industrial environment
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the installation, operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and repair of all types of commercial building heating and cooling systems
- Knowledge of and understanding of safety rules in an industrial setting
- Working knowledge in the installation of large industrial equipment
- Ability to read and interpret detailed plans, specifications, operating manuals and other written materials associated with this trade
- Familiarity with industrial and Massachusetts regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot heating / cooling problems
- Strong understanding of HVAC controls
- Strong electrical and mechanical abilities
- Ability to use basic tools and machinery
- Ability to schedule, plan and order materials for jobs
- Excellent communication skills; ability to relate with and work with customers
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic