- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
- Develop 2 and 3-axis N/C processes for development hardware (i.e., machining programs, tooling,) as well as 4 and 5 axis N/C processes
- Contribute to process improvement efforts on mature hardware with similar support
- Set up and operation of machine tool equipment (both N/C and standard-types to support development/production cell activities)
- Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
- Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations/set up
- Troubleshoot process issues
- Create development/production planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes
- Provide direction to other skilled employees involved with development and production
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience specifically, machining, assembly, machine repair or inspection)
- Machining experience, NC and/or manual
- NC programming experience (APT, UG, or other structured systems.)
- Proficient in shop mathematic i.e. geometry and trigonometry, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Apprentice graduate
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience in tooling and fixturing, STAS, tooling vendors, Maximo generation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction - self-starter.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management (i.e., Design Engineering and Project) and also shop floor workforce.
- Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
- Ability to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; punctuality and attendance standards, etc
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT