Lead Security Specialist
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
- Guarantee compliance with all government regulatory requirements across the contracting and program life-cycle, with particular emphasis on the National Industrial Security Program (NISP)
- Ensure protection of government classified information and company proprietary information
- Develop and maintain key industry partnerships to garner best practices and influence emerging policy
- Assist with security reviews to include: Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) site visits and formal self-inspections
- Expert knowledge of JPAS, DISS, e-QIP, SWFT, and NISS
- Initiate personnel security actions, program accesses and visit request for employees across 7 cleared sites within the business
- Administer policies, practices and metrics which reflect the security posture of the business's Personnel Security function
- Ability to develop and implement internal function auditing systems
- Review and maintain DD254's (prime and sub), work with program management to issue sub DD254 to suppliers and/or vendors
- Closely interact with program management, internal contracting team, and broader security team
- Provide a safe and secure workplace for the employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers
The Lead Industrial Security Specialist will help integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, contribute to long-term planning and executing the overall business strategy. The role of Lead Industrial Security Specialist also aides in the development, implementation, and maintenance of security procedures as required by the Department of Defense (DoD) and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years industrial security experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a National Industrial Security Program, government compliance, Department of Defense setting, or government contracting.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Airport security