Engineering Project Planner
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures project implementation as well as work packages and constraints are accurately integrated into project planning scenario. Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections. Ensures other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the products technical nature and uses prior experience/technical skills to execute project strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Work hand in hand with Project Mangers to create and implement a WBS that meets organizations standards. Will use the schedule to adjust Period or Performance, Duration, Resources, and Work needed to execute the schedule on time and within budget.
- Transition Project schedules from MS Project to Deltek Open Plan for Cobra Integration.
- Creates new Project schedules and updates current schedules for accurate tracking of project performance. May be reliant on government standards to meet schedule requirements.
- Utilizes Earned Value Reports for enhanced communication of variances on performance.
- Execute a Rhythm of Weekly, Bi-Weekly, and Monthly tasks, that promote a healthy cadence for project deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Proficiency in Deltek Open Plan and Cobra
- Experience in Project Planning, Analysis, and Control
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Principles
- MS Office skills, particular to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- PMBOK training or CAPM, PMP Certification
Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer