Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), document process changes, drive process/fixture improvements, drive lead/cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are ESD and EHS compliant per site policies
Participate in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
Use production and quality data to drive and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements
Define cost estimates for hardware development and capital improvement projects
Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to meet customer milestones and complete projects on time and within budget.
Ensure proper documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer requirements.
Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing, engineering, sourcing, and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost, and new product development goals within schedule and budget.
Successfully lead the transition of the manufacturing process to the production cell, maintaining responsibility for the process in production.
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires advanced experience in the Manufacturing & Manufacturing Engineering Specialist. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer