Aviation Systems Engineering Lean Leader
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
Job Description Role Summary/Purpose:
Lead lean efforts across Aviation Systems Engineering. Champion a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization and achieve measurable and sustained improvement in targeted areas. Establish a multi-year lean roadmap for Engineering and develop a network throughout the organization to implement it. Roadmap will cover both developing lean competencies and culture in the organization and a strategic approach for implementing transactional lean within Engineering.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement throughout the Engineering organization.
- Establish a multi-year lean roadmap for Engineering. Develop a network of influencers throughout the organization to implement it.
- Ensure the training and people development are in place to develop the competencies within the organization required to progress on the lean journey.
- Develop a strategic approach for effectively implementing transactional lean within Engineering. Identify key processes and opportunities to eliminate waste and improve lead time. Prioritize efforts.
- Directly facilitate key value stream mapping (VSM) or other lean events across the organization.
- Work with the Supply Chain and P&L teams to identify and go after opportunities for cross-functional lean and process improvements efforts.
- Support the overall Aviation Systems Hoshin Kanri process and ensure alignment of Engineering breakthrough initiatives to the Hoshin Kanri projects and metrics.
- Hold the Engineering leadership team accountable to the inverted pyramid, leader standard work, and participation in kaizen activities. Work with leaders at different levels in the organization to ensure appropriate focus within the breakthrough vs. continuous improvement vs. daily management continuum.
- Stay closely aligned with the business Kaizen Promotion Office (KPO), the Aviation Systems Business Lean Leader, the Supply Chain lean team, and the various business and engineering lean focals in the P&Ls.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Engineering environment.
- Engineering Degree
- Understanding of Lean, DMAIC and Change Acceleration principles
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability as a clear thinker
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and delivering impact
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Position may be located at any Aviation Systems site
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager