- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
- Perform layout, set-up and weld on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies by working from planning or verbal instructions, prints or sketches.
- Fabricate, repair or rework using all required welding and cutting processes which may include manual arc processes (GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, TIG) semi-automated weld processes (GTAW, PAW, LW, EBW,), machine weld processes (RSW, Dabber,) and oxyacetylene welding.
- Use oxyacetylene cutting, plasma cutting, flame brazing/soldering, TIG brazing and arc brazing. Use argon chambers and gas back-ups.
- Fabricate heat sinks and related items to perform individual weld operations.
- Use files, bench grinders, hand grinders, etc., to perform welding preparation, defect removal and manual dimensional restoration.
- Bench, planish, peen, roll, forge, stretch/shrink to restore dimensional and structural integrity on various engine hardware.
- Perform fluorescent dye penetrant as required, maintain associated paperwork, and work to required levels of quality and efficiency.
- Direct or train others and perform related duties as required.
- Interact with engineers with the design of tooling and repair process on repair development projects.
- Minimum of 5 years GTAW welding experience
- Must be able to pass welding skills demonstration, written test and hands on benching test
- Must certify within 8 hours per base material group as required and periodic certification thereafter
- 6-10+ years of verified GTAW experience
- Weld schooling certificate
- Previous weld certification(s) in: corrosive resistant and heat resistant ferrous alloys, nickel base alloys, cobalt base alloys, aluminum alloys, and titanium alloys
- Previous welding and fabrication experience on aircraft hardware
- Experience reading various measuring instruments, including calipers and micrometers
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Fabricator