Materials Application Engineer/ Lab Manager
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
- Lead Rutland's Quality Assurance Laboratory Team to ensure process and material integrity. The Rutland site has a variety of Ti and Ni based as well as other alloys processed to final product.
- Conduct metallurgical materials evaluations and testing.
- Oversee materials side of substantiation for NPI, VSE, Process Development, Process Improvement, and Inadvertent Process Changes.
- Provide Lab approval to process router changes.
- Need to learn and gain a deep knowledge and understanding of the material specifications for our alloys.
- Ensure Laboratory processes meet Industry Standard Specifications. Oversee and maintain Lab related quality instructions and specifications.
- Over one hundred metallurgical reports reviewed and approved for part and process substantiation.
- Focused to meet the business customer needs for shipments and schedules.
- Provide materials resource expertise as needed in quality investigations in the shop. Occasional investigations are required when field related failures may have potential manufacturing or raw material cause.
- Become an active Special Process Certifying Agent (CA) for heat treating and brazing.
- Provide metallurgical technical oversite to the quality control of the heat treating and brazing operations.
- Coordinate the input of other departments, and report results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inform the Business Unit Manager in a timely manner of administrative and technical activities, status of programs, problem areas, and corrective actions.
- Interface with customers as necessary to assure that a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Train, manage and develop others, review work and reports, and prepare performance reviews.
- Provide a safe, well-equipped, audit-ready work area.
- Assure that equipment is properly maintained and in calibration.
- Establish and maintain department procedures consistent with the IMR Quality Assurance Manual.
- Exhibit and maintain a high level of engineering skills.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the field of metallurgy and provide technical leadership in laboratory growth areas.
- Serve as a resident expert and a technical resource for others.
- Maintain professional visibility through activities in professional organizations.
- Recommend and justify the procurement of capital equipment to maintain an appropriate level of competence in current and advanced metallic materials technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Material Science, Metallurgy or related discipline. Possession of or qualification to pursue P.E. or other professional licensing preferred.
- Minimum of five year's work experience in the field of materials/metallurgical engineering
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- 1-2 years 'experience in materials testing, failure analysis and/or metallurgy
- Demonstrated ability to work with metallurgical tools, equipment and instrumentation.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer