Lead Production Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
•to drive accountability and continuous improvement on quality related KPIs such as number of customer disruptions, rework rate, shop losses and FTY by leading cross functional teams and using best in class problem solving and issue prevention tools to avoid reoccurrences
•to successfully execute surveillance program and 2nd layer of LPR in order to ensure that products and processes are produced and shipped to internal and external requirements
•to review NPI projects and packages in order to ensure robust repair process which are met with predefined quality goals
•to drive quality cultural changes by increasing quality mindset in the shop via promoting self-checking, collaboration with work cells to find and solve non-conformance issues. Required shop floor presence/collaboration with production team
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Manage assigned customer complaints preferably by using 3x5 Why in timely manner
- Manage investigation result, analysis and traceability data in GenSuite.
- Provide daily production support, including management of product and special process related SAP/OASIS defects (90) and internal escapes.
- Direct quality support to dedicated product lines with objective to improve rework rate, FTY and reduce losses.
- Investigate loss events (Shop Loss, Rework), analyze trends, recommend and follow up actions to reduce/eliminate occurrence.
- Drive problems solving activities and tracking corrective actions by leading regular CAT (Corrective Action Team) meetings
- Initiate FMEA events as preventive tool in order to reduce risk of potential failures
- Conduct surveillance audits and LPRs (2nd level) to ensure that products and services are met with internal and external requirements
- Improve the quality awareness of assigned areas.
- Participate in updates of concerned quality procedure and in improvements of the entire quality system.
- Manage the quality complaints of supplied direct and scrap replacement materials.
- Understand the effects of Human Factors in component repair and recommend actions to enhance the human portion.
- Respond to quality related requests/concerns of customer service team.
- Drive initiatives which improves the quality cultures and KPIs
- Monitor the audit results and trends to identify and coordinate continuous improvement plans to improve the quality performance.
- Support the capability and capacity ramp up during NPI industrialization to ensure contractual TAT, Yield and Cost are all met.
- Coordinate and track operational quality related activities
- Report and present quality data analysis and data mining which leads to systematic improvements
- Report and present Read Across and Lessons Learned cases
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing role.
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation of blueprints, specifications, metrology, manufacturing process planning and evaluation.
- Knowledge of manufacturing special processes (heat treat, welding, coating, chemical processes, non-conventional machining).
- Knowledge of general aviation legislation and quality systems (FAA / EASA Part 145, ISO9001 / AS9100).
- Knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action techniques, Six Sigma quality concepts and tools.
- Fluency both in English and Hungarian.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Quality control