Delivery Manager (Airport Infrastructure)
- easyJet - 20 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes from August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and it's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment the Delivery Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end implementation of IT solutions within agreed timeframes, cost and quality parameters, for the Airport Infrastructure Team in easyjet. The role works closely with the business and service teams, as well as 3 rd party suppliers to both easyjet and individual airports, to deliver new products and services to meet the needs of projects and service critical applications. It will also support the Service Teams with any Airport Infrastructure incidents and changes.
About the role
- Delivery of technical solutions through initiation, design, build, test, release and support for the airport infrastructure team and the complex setup of airports we support
- Acts as a single point of contact for the wider business, IT project managers and the airports themselves for delivery and support
- Acts as a single point of contact for Service Management supporting the activities of service design and transition
- Ensures all design, quality and security governance processes are followed in line with the direction set out by Strategy and Architecture
- Overall responsibility for project delivery and releases to the agreed schedule, within timescales and to budget
- Managing a diverse portfolio of projects for multiple stakeholders across the airport network and centrally within the airport infrastructure team
- Identification of conflicts and dependencies between projects and raising these with the relevant project managers
- Ensuring all risks and issues are captured, tracked and appropriate actions taken
- Leading the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Continuously drives process improvements both internal in solution delivery and in the wider IT community
- Supporting the Technical Analysts and Systems Administrator in their support roles of the systems and processes, to protect our airport infrastructure and applications used within it
- Full time
Posted 7 Jan 2021
Closes 6 Feb 2021
This job was posted to: Airport manager