- easyJet - 20 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and it's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
Working in a dynamic environment the .net developer role is responsible for hands on code development within easyJet's digital platform scrum teams adhering to industry standards and modern engineering best practices. The role works closely with technical architects, business analysts, test engineers and other developers to deliver new products and services to meet the needs of projects and programmes within the prioritised portfolio.
- Accountable for the development of new and existing solutions within the easyjet digital platforms estate to best practice and industry standards.
- Active contributor to the cross functional scrum team and agile ceremonies.
- Provide technical expertise, code reviews and ensuring consistency and conformity to agreed software engineering standards.
- Accountable to identify, mitigate or resolve technical risks within the solution, ensuring any risks or issues are clearly communicated and managed.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current software development trends and innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to EasyJet's strategy.
- Full time
Posted 29 Dec 2020
Closes 28 Jan 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT