Senior Finance Manager - Accounting and Controls
- easyJet - 8 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and it's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Finance Manager for Accounting and Controls. This role has full accountability for overseeing the accounting across all areas within operations finance. You will be providing a business partnership between the group financial control and the business partners within the operations finance team whilst also being r esponsible for understanding and explaining all month end and accounting activities. You will have a ccountability for consistent accounting and evidence of key controls across all teams within Operations Finance and providing a true first line of defence and d eliver understanding and analysis on actuals and ensure a true understanding of accounting & relevant accounting principles and guidance across all business partners.
Provides a true Business Partner framework for both Operations finance and group financial control, ensuring that the business partners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. This role is the first line of defence for all accounting and control related matters and will be the key contact during internal and external audits.
Provides financial leadership covering:
- Reporting against all planning cycles including Budget, Outlook & 5YP
- Development of holistic deep dives to provide oversight into cost creep areas
- Month end reporting and analysis.
- Ownership of the ops finance inputs into cash and profit forecasting
- Ad-hoc projects.
Strategy & Performance
- Develops and delivers presentations to senior management regarding business performance and metrics that impact business outcomes.
- Helps identifies cost areas for review that serve as a catalyst for change by helping leaders and managers deliver successful change programmes that impact on the business.
- Prompts emergent risks and issues to drive strategic interventions and business action
- Supports reporting required for half year and full year guidance
- Drives supplier, operational and finance process improvements for Operations finance
Accounting and Control
- Ensuring the financial accuracy and consistency of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of operations finance; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies.
- Ownership of the financial accuracy of the P&L and Balance Sheet including balance sheet reconciliations and accounting judgements in areas of responsibility
- Creates timetable for Operations finance, in line with that issued by Group financial control, to ensure that all activities are produced in a timely manner and there are no surprises
- Producing quality monthly reporting on variances; variance a
- Full time
Posted 6 Nov 2020
Closes 6 Dec 2020
This job was posted to: Airline finance