Senior Developer (RMS)
- easyJet - 8 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and it's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As our Senior Developer your role will be to design, develop, maintain and support the software that forms the Revenue Management System (RMS) eco-system within easyJet.
You will assist the Yield Management Team with the design and development of new revenue generating opportunities for easyJet.
- Deliver high quality, cost-effective software solutions within the Revenue Management System (RMS) eco-system, in line with easyJet standards and best practices.
- Support the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and production support. Ensure compliance with the SDLC including architectural and security standards.
- Understand Agile software development practices including Kanban and DevOps.
- Ensure technical governance and appropriate standards are applied across all work.
- Develop good relationships with key stakeholders across easyJet, in particular with the Yield Management Team.
- Assist in understanding end user requirements and documenting process flows.
- Assist with production support activities, including incident and problem management.
- Identify risks, issues and dependencies and escalate as required.
- Provide technical leadership and support within the team, including mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Demonstrate a culture of quality within the team to ensure deliverables are well documented, tested and operate to any agreed non-functional criteria (e.g. performance).
- Identify and assess new technologies and frameworks. Provide recommendations as appropriate that will benefit the team and/or easyJet.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current software development trends and innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to easyJet's strategy.
- Full time
Posted 2 Nov 2020
Closes 2 Dec 2020
This job was posted to: Airline IT