Lead Buying/Procurement Specialist
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
As the owner for the assigned commodity segment, the Lead Sourcing Specialist - Commodity Management will develop and drive a formal commodity and supplier strategy that is in alignment with product, technology, and manufacturing goals & objectives. This role will deliver high level annual performance by leveraging tools and negotiating concepts while ensuring internal customer satisfaction.
- Define, own, and execute commodity and supplier strategy & performance including annual PPV/Cost Out goals, LTA coverage, and other critical business aspects that meet current year and future objectives.
- Lead complex negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers.
- Negotiate & execute contractual terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement.
- Use multiple tools to negotiate the best total cost and technical package for procurement requirements including:
oUnderstanding commodity cost drivers
oUsing available information, products, volumes and suppliers to create leverage
oStrategically use eAuction and cost modeling tools where appropriate
- Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels.
- As an expert in the assigned commodity area, communicates across direct organization. Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy.
- With a continuous improvement and Lean mind-set, assists in the development of the Procurement function towards best practice.
- Provide expertise and guidance of value-adding opportunities from all areas of supply chain including Planning, NPI, Supplier Quality, Source Fulfillment and Sourcing Processes.
- Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in sourcing.
Add Eligibility Requirement
GE will only employ those who are
legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in an environment of complexity and changing priorities.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Collaboration skills that span cross-department and cross-functionally.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Michigan;Grand Rapids;
- Full time
Posted 10 Oct 2020
Closes 8 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager