- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Singapore, Central, Singapore
To industrialize repairs for HPC / HPT / LPC / LPT / Combustor components for commercial aircraft engine of GE & CFMI aircraft engines.
- Plan and industrialize new engine components repairs including generating manufacturing routers & shop documentation, carry out repair substantiation, generate RSS package and obtain approval from the various approving authority.
- Work with the Repair Engineering team in Singapore & other global sites during the industrialization of the new repairs.
- Work with various Process Engineers to establish and develop the processes needed for the New Repairs.
- Work with Tooling engineers to produce the tooling needed for the New Repairs.
- Work with and coordinate activities with the Shop to perform engineering trials related to the New Repair and coordinate the RSS Run of the New Repair in the Shop.
- Secure funding needed for industrializing the new repairs.
- Lead and effectively interface with Operations, Quality and other support teams during introduction of the new repair into the Shop and ensure that it meets Production, EHS, Quality, Cost Savings intent within schedule and budget
- Interface with vendors (where necessary) in an effective manner to ensure that the action items to be carried out for the NPI are executed on time and on budget.
- Ensure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Mechanical / Aeronautical / Material or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Experience & knowledge in MRO Component Repair would be an advantage.
- Experience & knowledge in various MRO Component Repair processes used would be an advantage.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient & effective solutions
- Good time management and strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and customer needs.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization & interact with diverse global team.
- Able to achieve high quality results working under challenging time constraints.
- Knowledge in Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing is advantageous
- Working knowledge of blueprints, application of engine manuals and technical substantiation process will be an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company's dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE's people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for its customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2020
Closes 7 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Airline sales