Sterling Warehouse Associate
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Sterling, Alaska, United States
The Warehouse Person must have the ability to receive, unpack, post, bin, pick and ship a multiple of products for the manufacturing shop at GE Aviation Dowty Propellers. The Warehouse Person will maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment, produce quality results, help control costs, assist the shop in meeting production requirements, and develop job knowledge and warehouse skills. The Warehouse Person will comply with and support all GE policies.
- Responsible for pulling parts from inventory for issue to the manufacturing shop or for shipment to customers
- Ability to obtain license/certification and operate fork lift truck safely and efficiently
- Responsible for packing and shipping spare parts and overhauled units or components
- Responsible for receiving, unpacking, and restocking of parts in the warehouse
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of experience working in a warehouse or place of similar experience
- Familiarity with proper packing and labeling to insure safe and efficient deliveries
- Must have the understanding of how to handle, pack, ship, and unpack fragile aircraft parts
- Must have the ability to locate, pick, identify and issue parts using a computer based inventory system
- Ability to proficiently perform an annual inventory and be held accountable for this inventory
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the warehouse
- High School diploma/GED equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to work on an off shift.
- Ability and willingness to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to follow detailed documented process instructions.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds non-repetitive and occasionally lift over 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability and willingness to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust or fumes (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels-PEL).
- Familiarity with and experience using ORACLE or similar ERP/inventory tracking systems
- Experience working in warehouse capacity for a manufacturing and/or aerospace environment
- Energetic and positive attitude to excel in skills and knowledge
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
- Makes decisions based on experience and available data
- History of meeting or exceeding job requirements
- History of accepting or giving constructive criticism
- Flexible for various shift assignments and overtime
- Communicates clearly and effectively
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2020
Closes 7 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Freight