Sterling Mechanic Assistant
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Sterling, Alaska, United States
The Sterling Hourly Mechanic Assistant will be a team contributor to the repair and overhaul of composite propeller systems. In this role, you will assist in the assembly, disassembly, and repair of propellers and related units.
The MA will maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment, produce quality results, help control costs, meet production requirements, and develop job knowledge and manufacturing skills. The Mechanic Assistant will comply with and support all GE and Site policies.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, sanding, and material
- Ability or willingness to take classes in Team Building, undergo on-the-job training to learn specific skills / tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in and take training on Basic Safety courses (PPE, Chemical Hazard, Evacuation & Emergency Training, etc.)
- Read and complete forms and generate meaningful reports and charts.
- Read, interpret and follow Mechanical manuals or written procedures / directions
Prioritize work and meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Have manual dexterity to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Keep all machinery, tools, and work area clean.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Perform a variety of support functions such as warehouse, material handling / movement and area housekeeping.
- High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 1 year of Mechanical experience.
- Ability and willingness to work on an off shift.
- Ability and willingness to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds.
- Non-repetitive and occasionally lift over 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability and willingness to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust or fumes (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels-PEL)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Mechanical experience in a manufacturing and/or aerospace environment.
- Vocational training in wood working, automotive, composites, aerospace, hydraulics or similar experience.
- Energetic and positive attitude to excel in skills and knowledge.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history.
- Makes decisions based on experience and available data.
- History of meeting or exceeding job requirements.
- History of accepting or giving constructive criticism.
- Flexible for various shift assignments and overtime.
Communicates clearly and effectively.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2020
Closes 7 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic