Lead Production Quality Specialist
- GE Aviation - 26 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
The Customer Quality Engineer role will report to the Long Island Site Quality Leader and be responsible for supporting our customer's quality needs. As the Customer Quality Engineer, you will leverage product knowledge, data analytics, RCCA and customer feedback to develop a strategy and drive improvement for the customer.
Ownership of quality assurance and control for assigned customer:
- Includes conformance of manufacturing goods, contractual requirements, and customer deliverables.
- Lead complex root cause and corrective action investigations to address and eliminate customer escapes.
- Influence cross-functional teams within the supply chain to solve problems and address risk.
- Ownership of Customer Quality Improvement Plans (CQIPs).
- Directs quality communications with external customers and across the organization (including leadership).
- Primary contact for on-site customer Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Additional responsibility of supporting Part 145 repair Station, including updating documentation, ensuring regulatory compliance, and auditing.
- May occasionally interact with FAA FSDO office and inspectors.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Production Quality.
- Previous quality experience in an electronics manufacturing or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills.
- A self-starter motivated to solve problems and create out of the box solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and balance several projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of RCCA tools and techniques, PFMEA and APQP/PPAP.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Connecticut, New Jersey, New York;Bohemia;
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2020
Closes 7 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Quality control