Laser applications & welding Engineer
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Singapore, Central, Singapore
This role is responsible for laser applications and welding for the repair of aircraft engine components. This includes laser drilling and laser welding, electron beam welding and TIG welding. The process engineer troubleshoots issues that arise in day-to-day operations, implements process improvements and introduces new equipment and processes.
The Special Process Engineer is responsible for ensuring that laser drilling and welding processes meet quality requirements and operational objectives.
This will include
- Generating work instructions and operating procedures for laser drilling and laser welding as well as other welding processes
- Implement new welding processes in collaboration with product engineers and repair development engineers
- Ensure the quality of welding operations
- Work with operations to improve equipment utilization and labour efficiency and reduce operating costs
- Work with operations and maintenance personnel to minimize equipment downtime
- Prepare technical specifications for the purchase and upgrading of laser processing equipment and welding equipment. Conduct buy-off, machine qualification and process substantiation.
- Conduct Risk Assessments and ensure that laser processes and welding processes are operated in compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations and Policies.
- Conduct training for special process technicians
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science or other Physical Sciences
- 2+ years' experience in laser applications, aerospace, or other related industries. Fresh graduates with strong desire to learn and contribute will also be considered
- Good understanding of laser drilling and welding processes
- Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to stakeholders)
- Able to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company's dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE's people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for its customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2020
Closes 7 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Tooling