Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
- GE Aviation - 27 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
The Maintenance Technician will address all repair and preventative maintenance on production/manufacturing equipment throughout the facility to include drive stands, automated/manual machinery, electrical equipment, as well as HVAC and plumbing. 3rd shift hours are 10:00pm-6:30am.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment using Maximo software
- Repair all production equipment as needed
- Perform breakdown analysis
- Perform general housekeeping
- Upgrade production lines with new equipment/technology
- Work with outside contractors working on assigned line
- Comply with GMP, safety, and audit standards
- Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
- Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds repetitively, occasionally lift up to 35 pounds non-repetitively, and sometimes lift over 35 pounds with assistance
- Conform to all EHS guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing proper PPE; Work in an area where there may be moderate noise intensity (85 to 89.9 dBa) and areas where hearing protection is required; Work in an area where, due to normal machining operations, there may be dust, fumes, or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels)
- 5 Years Mechanical Maintenance Experience with a preference of an electrical/HVAC knowledge base
- Strong troubleshooting skillset; pinpointing and fixing breakdowns, diagnostics, and problem solving
- Ability to read and apply knowledge from schematics, product manuals and mechanical drawings
- Preventative maintenance background using computerized preventative charts and data
- Material fabrication, basic rigging, and welding skills
- Experience with:
- Electricity & Electrical systems from 480v 3 phase - 24v control
- Working with starters, fuses, contacts, relays in basic electrical systems; installation and frequency drive experience preferred
- Electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.)
- Mechanical systems
- Chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings
- Gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts)
- Hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves)
- Kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).
- PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.)
- Pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading)
- Pumps (replacing seals/motors, understanding specs)
- Drive Components, Belts, chains, Clutches & Brakes, etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment including non-maintenance personnel
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Standards as well as safety procedures, PPE, Lockout/Tagout, etc.
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and
turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft.
At GE Aviation , we invent the future of flight, lift
people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GE9X engines,
driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more
productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us,
you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and
development keeps us looking ahead.
At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work
collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and
processes. If you're passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world's toughest
problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work
- Full time
Posted 6 Oct 2020
Closes 4 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager