- easyJet - 14 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. After grounding our fleet in March, we successfully resumed operations in mid-June, incorporating new enhanced bio security measures to ensure our staff and customers can fly safely. We will gradually ramp up our flying to around 75% of our routes in August, albeit with lower frequencies, so our customers can travel again.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and it's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As we continue to mature and build out our Solution Architecture practice we are looking to hire a Solution Architect with the experience and flexibility to lead solution work in across multiple domains as required. This highly capable member of our team will work closely with the other architects, the business stakeholders and the delivery teams, to define IT solutions that meet the business need, and ensuring a good fit with our broader IT strategy and enterprise architecture.
> To lead the solution architecture definition for complex end to end solutions, working with technical architects covering each solution component, and Enterprise Architects driving the long-term architectural direction.
> Produce high quality, comprehensive Solution Blueprint materials demonstrating a balance of different functional & non-functional drivers and requirements, effective understanding of solution risk, and alignment to broader IT strategy and standards.
> Provide architectural guidance to third party vendors / development teams to assure the delivered solution realises the design.
There are three primary accountabilities of this role:
Owning & defining solution architectures:
- Working with external parties, suppliers and internal members of the IT team and business units to research, define and document the systems architecture and high level designs for major new initiatives, primarily though not exclusively in the Commercial domain
- Identifying key areas of technical risk or complexity, proposing appropriate Proofs of Concepts (POCs) and spikes, working with stakeholders to curate a story backlog, and leading a team to gain hard evidence to influence the end architecture design
- Providing high level estimates for projects to facilitate prioritisation of demand and portfolio management
- Working with the programme solution architects, business analysts and business stakeholders to coordinate the collection of non-functional requirements for each component / platform in the end to end architecture
- Engaging with technical architects and other solution architects to understand and define the end to end solution architecture, outlining appropriate component responsibilities and boundaries, producing interaction diagrams explaining how the solution hangs together
- Clear communication of the defined solution to the delivery and service teams (both in house and third party)
- Ensuring key factors such as total cost of ownership, ongoing maintenance, a broad understanding of risk etc. are considered in the definition of the solution.
Assuring component design alignment & solution delivery:
- Gaining an appropriately deep understanding of the technical solution for each component, steering key technology and design decisions, aligned to the relevant solution assurance
- Full time
Posted 2 Oct 2020
Closes 1 Nov 2020
This job was posted to: Flight operations