Senior Staff Engineer - Electromagnetic Compliance
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Hybrid Electric Systems team is developing components for future advanced propulsion systems. The EMC/EMI Engineer will play a critical role in the hybrid team, demonstrating leadership in communicating program and business priorities, managing technical and operational execution strategy, and engaging across GE globally and with industrial and academic partners.
In addition, as the Electrical Component Senior Staff Engineer for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) / Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) will:
- Develop new applications of technology for product development of electrical power generation, conversion, transmission and distribution components and systems for advanced aviation applications.
- Develop guidance for EMC/EMI design of DCDC and DCAC power converters and drives, motor-generators, energy storages systems and complex control systems.
- Partner with electrical system, mechanical and thermal, controls and software, manufacture and test teams to advance the development of electrical systems.
- Develop and conduct experimental tests and evaluate results, for environmental tests and electromagnetic compliance (EMC) test in accordance to customer, military and commercial qualification specifications (such specifications include MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, and DO-311).
- Define and develop hardware and software partitioning, software functionality and perform Hardware in the Loop (HiL) validation.
- Execute resolutions of challenging technical issues related to DCAC and DCDC power systems and components coordinating with a diverse technical team.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in communicating the business priorities, programs and processes for and area of business segment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Power or Controls Engineering from an accredited College or University (OR Master's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in electronic hardware design and development for power electronics applications).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical component hardware design and development for power electronics applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Project management: demonstrated ability to lead programs/ projects though planning, marketing and development, and execution phases. Demonstrated ability to generate detailed system and component hardware and test specifications, Interface Control Documents, work with partners and customers to optimize requirements and deliverables.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Electronics.
- Expertise in 2D/3D electromagnetic finite element design and implementation of magnetics and capacitors for pulse width modulated converters.
- Prior work experience in aerospace power generation and conversion products, aviation electrical power system, high frequency electro-magnetic design, and transient/dynamic electric system theory and analysis.
- Familiarity with commercial aircraft and/or engine control system certification (e.g. 14 CFR 33.28), and power systems control theory with embedded DSP and FPGA based controllers.
- Prior work experience in power electronics circuit
design, controls, testing and troubleshooting of electrical power systems using
modeling and simulation analysis tools such as Saber, PSPICE, Matlab, Simulink,
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft. At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you're passionate ab
- Full time
Posted 26 Sep 2020
Closes 25 Oct 2020
This job was posted to: Freight