Assurance Officer / Information Security Officer
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Provides multi-disciplinary security support for classified government programs in the Military Systems business. Job requires regular redesign of processes due to changing circumstances or management needs. Elaboration of process improvement are expected taking into consideration broader functional context.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures security of personnel, facilities, computers, general information and information systems for Government classified programs.
- Effective communication with other functional areas required. Influencing peers to meet the objectives.
- Develops operational plan for own department. Contributions to plan of the larger unit.
- Implement and enforce IS security policies
- Develop, write, and maintain System Security Plans (SSPs) and endorse those found to be acceptable
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with the SSP
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Security).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Special Programs Security.
- Current or active DoD clearance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others
- Demonstrated experience leading and working effectively in small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft. At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. At GE Aviation, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. If you're passionate about generating advances in aviation to solve some of the world's toughest problems and are looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE Aviation as we rise to the challenge of building a world that works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 26 Sep 2020
Closes 25 Oct 2020
This job was posted to: Airport security