Supplier Growth & Performance Leader
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Responsible for growing Sourcing activities across Asia and to ensure Supplier performance of Quality and Delivery Goals. Besides identifying and maintaining a list of capable suppliers of different commodity, this role will help with the RFQs coming from U.S./U.K. to the eventual transfer to Asia. Empowered to oversee the Source Change Management, from First Article Inspection to Mass Production and Supplier Performance, On Time Delivery, Quality Management and Continuous Improvements.
- Working closely with the Strategic Sourcing Leader to define the Asia Sourcing Strategy and Vision of spend categories and related programs ensuring strategic alignment with the Commodity Leaders in the U.S./U.K.
- Research on current Spends/Commodity Strategy to identify Asia Sourcing opportunities then set targets for spend categories, build RFQ initiatives with UK/US Sourcing.
- Also to support Sourcing in the supplier selection efforts through qualification processes. Comprehensive understanding of Supplier purchasing and sourcing concepts and operations to accomplish the task assigned.
- Develop strong supplier relationships, collaborative working environment with suppliers and negotiate industry competitive pricing models, best practices, service levels and support for our internal customers.
- Accountable for building strong and effective relationships with internal stakeholders. Develop trust and gain confidence from various stakeholders
B.Review and Assess Supplier Compliance & Processes. The primary duty of the supplier quality engineer is to:
- Ensure their manufacturing environment comply to GE's Supplier Responsibility Guidelines (SRG)
- Assess manufacturing procedures, delivery performance, typically through audits, establish action plans, performance monitoring at vendor facilities.
- Support audits or ad hoc request as required by Projects/Programs.
These visits may occur as part of the supplier selection process, or after the company has established a relationship with a vendor. They may also revisit supplier facilities to determine if requested changes have been incorporated.
C.Technical Review & Supplier Development
- Collaborate with peers from other GE Aviation sites to transfer knowledge to Asia Suppliers especially on new programs.
- Has various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings, industry and various process knowledge, capability in issue resolutions and ability to manage vendors.
- Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery, review Quality statistics, establish and execute Quality Improvement Plans to target levels.
- Organizing and/or hold Quality Training, S1005/1007, Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR), etc.
Applymunication & Accountability
- Regularly presents to senior leaders across various functions on how the assigned Suppliers and/or targeted Suppliers contributes to overall strategy.
- Advises Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures in the own field.
- Responsible as a project leader of medium sized projects or part of a major programs.
- Establish strong working relationship with indirect suppliers across Asia.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in Sourcing).
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering.
- Able to work independently with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Pleasant interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others remotely and to lead small teams as needed.
- Experienced in leading initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company's dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE's people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for its customers. Apply
Malaysia;Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Subang;
- Full time
Posted 24 Sep 2020
Closes 23 Oct 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager