Senior Staff Engineer - Electrical Component
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Hybrid Electric Systems team is developing components for future advanced propulsion systems. The Electrical System Engineer will play a critical role in the hybrid team, demonstrating leadership in communicating business priorities, managing technical and operational execution strategy, and engaging across GE globally and with industrial and academic partners. The Engineer contributes directly to GE Aviation's blueprint and has the ability to effect short & long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Electrical Component Staff Engineer for Electrical Systems will:
- Develop new applications of technology for integration of electrical power system into more electric aircraft, including integration with propulsion and aircraft systems.
- Develop new applications of technology for product development of electrical power generation, conversion, transmission and distribution components and systems for advanced aviation applications.
- Develop guidance for and perform design, evaluation and analysis of aviation electrical power systems including DCAC and DCDC converters and drives, motor-generators, energy storages systems and complex control systems.
- Partner with mechanical, electrical and thermal, controls and software, manufacture and test teams to advance the development of electrical systems.
- Develop and conduct experimental tests and evaluate results, including electrical performance of components and system integration test, environmental tests and electromagnetic compliance (EMC) test.
- Execute resolutions of challenging technical issues related with electrical power systems and components coordinating with a diverse technical team.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in communicating the business priorities, programs and processes for and area of business segment.
- Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Power or Controls Engineering from an accredited College or University (OR Master's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in electronic hardware design and development for power electronics applications).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical component hardware design and development for power electronics applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Project management: demonstrated ability to lead programs/ projects though planning, marketing and development, and execution phases. Demonstrated ability to generate detailed system and component hardware and test specifications, Interface Control Documents, work with partners and customers to optimize requirements and deliverables.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Electronics.
- Prior work experience in aerospace power generation and conversion products, aviation electrical power system, high frequency electro-magnetic design, embedded controls for power electronics, and transient/dynamic electric system theory and analysis.
- Prior work experience in power electronics circuit design, controls, testing and troubleshooting of electrical power systems using modeling and simulation analysis tools such as Spice, Matlab, Simulink, PLECS, etc.
- Prior experience developing and implementing digital data bus architectures and (e.g. RS-422, ARINC429, CAN).
- Expertise in 2D/3D electromagnetic finite element design and implementation of magnetics and capacitors for pulse width modulated converters.
- Strong technical background in mechanical and thermal design, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) of electric propulsion systems.
- Familiarity with commercial aircraft and/or engine control system certification (e.g. 14 CFR 33.28), and power systems control theory with embedded DSP and FPGA based controllers.
- Strong technical background in military and commercial qualification specifications (such specifications include MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, and DO-311).
GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of commercial, military and business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines and components, along with avionics, electrical power and mechanical systems for aircraft. At GE
- Full time
Posted 24 Sep 2020
Closes 23 Oct 2020
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager