Lead Manufacturing Engineer (Weld Engineer)
- GE Aviation - 35 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment.
- Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivers products as part of a team includes Manufacturing Engineers.
- Works on cross functional teams.
- Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Production Process and Equipment.
- Bachelors in Weld Engineering/Welding Technology
Experience in GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- Experience in Laser Welding
NADCAP experience (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;New York;Norwich;
- Full time
Posted 22 Sep 2020
Closes 21 Oct 2020
This job was posted to: Planning engineer