Senior Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 19 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Boston Corner, Indiana, United States
This position is responsible for managing a software development team for designing and implementing innovative backend SW components for a set of UAV/drone operations management products. These components will be realized as services within a distributed SW architecture. Development of software components is expected to fit within a security architecture framework that accommodates security features for client services, and internal services.
A successful candidate for this position is expected to be very hands-on in designing and implementing complex SW components within the proposed architecture which provides high availability, delivers fast service response times, and can scale. This position expects that the candidate can define and fulfill SW development tasks, and integrate SW designs and code with others.
- Be responsible for developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and infrastructure
- Work with other developers in planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Expertise in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice when necessary
•Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) strongly preferred; other bachelor's degrees considered with demonstrated related experience
•More than 3 years of technical experience in a product development organization
•Experience in using AWS
•Strong understanding of relational database concepts and technology, data modeling, SQL, query optimization, NoSQL, and data warehousing
•Experience with the practices and dynamics in Agile development process.
in developing SaaS offerings, AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, etc.
with continuous integration, Docker, Maven and Jenkins
to lead and coach team members
- Use of
documentation, collaboration, version control tools
to evaluate and select technologies to drive features and roadmaps.
- Must be willing to travel 10%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Boston, MA
AiRXOS is building new technologies and delivering a new architecture and ecosystem for the next generation of unmanned aviation. We are passionate about enabling safe, secure and economical UAV/Drone operations at global scale. We are accomplishing this with a great collaborative team of driven engineers and technologists with expertise in Distributed & Real-Time Software, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning Algorithms, Autonomous Systems & Robotics, Cyber Security, Air Traffic Management, Computer Visualization, and Mobile Applications. Together we are delivering capabilities that will enable a new era in aviation and autonomous systems applications. We would love for you to join us!!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 1 Aug 2020
Closes 30 Aug 2020
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager