Clean Room Electro Mechanical Assembler
- GE Aviation - 19 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
In the role of Electro Mechanical Assembler, you will perform a series of steps in the manufacturing process of electronic assembly, which are assembled in accordance with military specifications within a Cleanroom environment.
- Performs assembly steps, with little or no assistance to, PC board assembly and soldering, chassis wiring and soldering, mechanical assembly, and inspection all within a Clean Room environment for prolonged periods, requiring use of specific Clean Room attire.
- Follows operation sheets, engineering drawings and engineering change orders in completion of the assembly tasks
- Exercises care to ensure that each step in the process is completed correctly and that the part or finished product meets the quality specifications
- Maintains records as required to charge direct labor time to specific product amounts
- Performs duties within a Clean Room Environment for prolonged periods, requiring use of specific Clean Room (Class 10,000) attire.
- Performs duties using a variety of hand tools and related production equipment
- Provides training and mentoring for other employees as required
- Performs other routine operations within fairly similar situations as required
- Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations
- Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
- Engages and participates in a self - directed teaming environment
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience
- IPC-A-610 Certification & J-STD-001 Certification (or ability to get certified or re-certified)
- Past experience in a manufacturing &/or Clean Room environment
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
Under Florida State Executive Order 20-91, Section 2, GE Aviation, Pompano Beach is an Essential Business involved in defense and national security-related operations supporting the U.S. Government or a contractor to the US government.
GE Aviation - Electrical Power, Pompano Beach is a recognized leader in the design and manufacturer of
custom-engineered power conversion. Our site is predominately a US Military supplier providing equipment for a
wide variety of land based, shipboard, missile and aircraft applications including air transport, rotorcraft and military
fixed wing. We occupy a 22,000 square foot facility, designed specifically to provide vertical integration of the broad
range of capabilities required to provide us with control over all aspects of the design, development, prototype build
and qualification of products. We are a complete engineering design center utilizing digital, analog and creative
packaging technologies to develop and qualify new products. Many of these new products support advanced power
conversion requirements for a wide range of applications that include state of the art radar and laser systems.
Pompano is a more recently developed community located just outside of Ft. Lauderdale, offering beautiful southern
Florida weather all year round! Learn more about our
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Florida;Pompano Beach,Miami,Fort Lauderdale,West Palm Beach,Deerfield Beach;
- Full time
Posted 30 Jul 2020
Closes 28 Aug 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic