Senior Special Programs Security Staff Manager
- GE Aviation - 15 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- The ISSM executes in the development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems security policies and procedures as required by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), National Security Agency (NSA), National Industrial Security Manual (NISPOM), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and DSS Assessments and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM).
- Lead various aspects of information systems security functions in order to provide a secure, and compliant workplace for employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers to the site as well as other GE cleared locations.
- Provide regulatory direction to an internal IT staff who execute day-to-day IT operations as well as large-scale projects; provide direct management of an internal staff of Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs).
- Ensure compliance with all government regulatory requirements across the contracting and program life-cycle, with particular emphasis on the Risk Management Framework.
- Interact with the government customers on risk analysis, program required controls, and obtaining Risk Acceptance Letters (RALs).
- Manage the activities of a diverse team comprised of a professional staff who are responsible and accountable for Information Assurance, Information Systems Security, and Communications Security.
- Serve as a key contributor to the Insider Threat Program per DoD requirements.
- Investigate National Security program-specific incidents that impact cleared personnel and accredited facilities.
- Collaborate with the FSO staff in their interaction with the Defense Security Service as well as liaison to local, state and federal law enforcement and government regulators.
- Develop and maintain key industry partnerships to garner best practices and influence emerging policy.
- Assist with security regulator reviews to include: Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), National Security Agency (NSA), and formal self-inspections conducted in house. Assist with cross-site inspections at other GE facilities, as well.
- Manage an "Inspection Ready" approach for information systems, as well as a continuous monitoring program.
- Proactively drive the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) for all system plan packages, to reduce risk to the overall security program.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of compliance tools such as SCCM, NESSUS, Splunk, Digital Guardian, and eMASS.
- Advanced ability to assess risk of new technology as well as non-standard platforms, to ensure that an acceptable level of risk is obtained.
- Manage the information systems security education and awareness program for all cleared personnel.
- Serve as a COMSEC custodian for the overall Industrial Security Team, to ensure the security posture of devices that interface with accredited systems.
- Experience with Special Access Programs and JSIG requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 7 additional years of information assurance experience in a National Industrial Security Program, government, or US Department of Defense setting, as well as a strong Information Technology background
- CompTIA Security + certification required; CASP, CISM, or CISSP certification desired
- Top Secret clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gende
- Full time
Posted 23 Jun 2020
Closes 22 Jul 2020
This job was posted to: Airport security
Recommended, similar jobs
Hyderabad Colony, Uttar Pradesh, India