- GE Aviation - 15 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Tests & troubleshoots electronic products to component level, using standard and specialized test equipment
- Troubleshoot electronic products to component & sub-assembly levels utilizing schematics & standard troubleshooting practices & and procedures
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Set up test equipment and test electronic products using established test procedures and schematics
- Use product test and measurement equipment, Digital/Analog Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot meters, power supplies, and Automatic and Standard Test equipment, etc
- Cross - train, mentors and provide technical assistance to other Technicians including new Technician 2's ; Provide technical guidance to Assemblers & Operators
- Perform cross functional tasks within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
- Recommends and/or proposes process improvements
- Ensures that all relevant quality information/feedback is provided
- Utilizes written or visual instructions involving use of quantitative information from specifications, schematics, graphs, pictures, gages, etc.
- Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations following test, troubleshooting, examinations, etc;
- Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
- Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
- Engages and participates in a self - directed teaming environment
- Education Required: 2-year degree in Electronics or related field OR Certified Electronics Program (18 mos.) OR
4 year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) or related field.
Experience: 2-year degree plus 1 - 3 years of manufacturing experience; OR Certified Electronics Program (18 months) plus 1-3 years of manufacturing experience; OR 4-year degree (electronics or related) with no experience
- Skill Level Required: Skills required in maintaining close specifications using tools & gages, schematics and a variety of electronic equipment; Basic computer skills; Knowledge of manufacturing processes; Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination; Ability to troubleshoot to component level
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma knowledge
- Understanding of IPC-A-610 standards
Under Florida State Executive Order 20-91, Section 2, GE Aviation, Pompano Beach is an Essential Business involved in defense and national security-related operations supporting the U.S. Government or a contractor to the US government.
GE Aviation - Electrical Power, Pompano Beach is a recognized leader in the design and manufacturer of
custom-engineered power conversion. Our site is predominately a US Military supplier providing equipment for a
wide variety of land based, shipboard, missile and aircraft applications including air transport, rotorcraft and military
fixed wing. We occupy a 22,000 square foot facility, designed specifically to provide vertical integration of the broad
range of capabilities required to provide us with control over all aspects of the design, development, prototype build
and qualification of products. We are a complete engineering design center utilizing digital, analog and creative
packaging technologies to develop and qualify new products. Many of these new products support advanced power
conversion requirements for a wide range of applications that include state of the art radar and laser systems.
Pompano is a more recently developed community located just outside of Ft. Lauderdale, offering beautiful southern
Florida weather all year round! Learn more about our
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Florida;Pompano Beach, Miami, Fort Lauderdale,West Palm Beach,Deerfield Beach;
- Full time
Posted 11 Jun 2020
Closes 10 Jul 2020
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer