IT Backup and Storage Administrator (IDC)
- flydubai - 6 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/flydubai/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/0f54fd68-deef-46fd-94aa-6daf73d11675130597717898226000.png
Hyderabad Colony, Uttar Pradesh, India
The â€?IT Backup and Storage Administrator (IDC)â€™ is responsible for implementation and organisation of the physical (fz hosted) and any virtual (cloud hosted) backup and storage systems. The role troubleshoots problems on the backup and storage infrastructure, monitors underlying communication protocols and supports storage-related network hardware and software. Maintains connectivity and availability of backup and storage systems.
1. As a Backup administrator responsible to performs daily operations in a Veeam, Networker, Data Domain and other backup solutions to backup, recover and archive company information and identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and assist with backup and restoration.
2. Install storage hardware, peripherals, services, settings, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements; Perform analysis and report on storage applications related to the suite of applications.
3. Planning and implementing storage and backup solutions related to the project and related systems. Assist the project team with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology regarding storage infrastructure.
4. Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution implemented across the FZ facilities as per pre-defined policies & procedures.
5. Data Center physical and virtual storage and communication management.
6. Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
7. Provide status and progress reports for backup environment related activities and tasks on regular/periodic basis.
8. Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with FZ company policy and procedures.
9. Optimize backup and storage allocation.
10. Supporting and troubleshooting backup, recovery and archiving in a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
11. Implement policies and procedures for storage, backup and DR.
12. Serve as overall subject matter expert on Backup Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends
13. Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud backup services, features, and capabilities.
14. Perform diagnosis, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of Backup solutions currently installed within the FZ infrastructure, provide technical expertise to resolve escalated issues, maintain archives in accordance with FZ policy and procedures, perform planning, testing, implementing and deploying new backup products and maintaining existing solutions, e.g. upgrading and patching.
15. May be required to support different shifts to enable 24x7 support. Should be available on call as & when required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
â€¢ Bachelor's degree (B.Tech / B.Eng / BE degree holder) in Computer Science, Information Management.
â€¢ 5+ yearsâ€™ proven experience in backup and enterprise storage systems.
â€¢ Experience with AWS and Cloud
â€¢ Hands on experience with IBM/HPE/EMC SAN storage systems
â€¢ Hands on experience with Veeam/Networker/EMC Data Domain/ HPE Data Protector/N2WS and AWS backup solutions
â€¢ Strong understanding of and experience with airline systems and their related storage systems, backup solutions and data centres
â€¢ Expertise in using various monitoring, management, and capacity planning tools.
â€¢ In Depth experience with cloud storage technologies like S3 and associated backup and restore technologies.
Certificate / License required
â€¢ AWS or AZURE Cloud certification
â€¢ Customer Focus
â€¢ Team work
â€¢ Effective Communication
â€¢ Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
â€¢ Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to .
flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details
in order to process documents. flydubai will also never refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai will only come from an email
address ending in Apply and job opportunities with flydubai are
- Full time
Posted 21 Feb 2020
Closes 20 Jul 2020
This job was posted to: Airline IT