Engineer - Mechanical Component - Component Design
- GE Aviation - 284 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives on exhaust hardware. An optimized, yet balanced approach is required. You will work w/in defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Has the expertise to solve problems. Ability to develop and execute objectives for self.
Anticipated start date is Q2 2020
In this role, Your essential responsibility will be to thoroughly apply yourself and exhibit ownership on exhaust nozzle module development. Treat your teammates and cross functional contributors as a mission based team focusing on delivering for your customer and the aviation industry at large. You will be empowered as much as you empower yourself but will have a supportive team around you to keep you on the right path. Looking for a self starter exhibiting professionalism, team oriented mindset, and with initiative to spare. Preference for those with prior experience in this space.
Additional essential responsibilities include the more traditionally listed:
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 15 Feb 2020
Closes 15 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic