Advanced Lead Engineer - Fleet Management
- GE Aviation - 271 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Xiamen Township, Fujian, China
This role of Advanced Lead Engineer - Engineer in Shop (EIS) is to lead and support technical efforts that reducing shop visit costs, turn around times, & improve engine Time On Wing (TOW) & customer satisfaction...
In this role, you will be based at Xiamen TEXL shop GE office and supporting GE90 in Region other shops, you will report into both the in region Greater China Service team and Head Quarter EIS organization under Service Technology. In addition, you will interface with organizations such as the Engineering Departments, Commercial Engine Operations, Services, and Customer & Product Support Organization (C&PSO) based on business need. Support Customer Program Manager (CPM), MRO shop and GE Service engineering reviews of potential shop NPIs and TAT projects.
• Be able to mentor young propulsion engineers, summarize shop best practices and shared with in the MRO network, Be able to coordinate with different functions to organize technical forum;
• Develop new repairs as decided by the business;
• Participate in all pre-induction and gate reviews for assigned contract to assure all technical workscope & repair options are being considered
• Working with PSE, CTP and CPM's, identify opportunities in Workscope planning Guides & Repair Specifications to optimize workscopes, TAT, Repair development and optimization.
• Coordinate on-site Maintenance Cost Review Board (MCRB), Black Belts (BB) and headquarters..
• Liaise with PSE & Repair Technology, propose or lead/coordinate for new repair development and execution in shop.
• Identify need for technical and program reviews within the organization
• Lead technical reviews and participate as a reviewer
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
• Drive change by demonstrating clear thinking, articulate roles & responsibilities, manage handoffs between different organizations.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and customer commitments.
• Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with a proactive example of communication internally and externally
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Familiar with GE product service hardware experience
• Customer fleet management engineering experience
• In-depth understanding of engineering technology and tools
• Strong engineering problem solving capabilities
• Strong project management skills including cross-functional coordination of activities
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
• Ability and willingness to travel as required
• Bachelor's Degree
• Demonstrated leadership in advancing the state of the art in a technical specialty
• Process focused with the ability to assess and improve processes and work on methods
• Basic Analytics skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple project responsibilities
• Familiarity with aircraft flight operations
• Ability to effectively interact with the customer
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Previous experience in a product or customer support role or hardware design or services contract experience.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
- Full time
Posted 15 Feb 2020
Closes 15 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager