Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
- GE Aviation - 292 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across the business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.
• Integrates automation suite with CI/CD pipeline and updates the automation suite during the sprint.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes and stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
• Design, develop and execute maintainable automation scripts using automated testing tools. Should be able to evaluate the best testing tools in the market for the project needs.
• Should have the overall system knowledge and should be customer focused.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities across different modules
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Work closely with developers and product owners/managers to identify system requirements (non-functional requirements such as performance testing, load testing)
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts. Should be the gatekeeper before every production release.
• Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs. Continuously strives towards the betterment of the product quality.
• Should be able to track functional code coverage via standard tools
• Should maintain the updated test suite with the test cases of all functionalities
• Stay up to date on latest testing technologies and mentor team members
• Testing engineering software
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• 3-5 years of professional experience in developing test automation frameworks for enterprise applications (SaaS and/or on prem solutions) such as Selenium, Puppeteer etc
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a big plus.
• Should have worked with CI/CD pipeline like Jenkins
• Should have exposure to DevOps processes and using Dockers, K8S etc
• Thorough knowledge in core data structures and algorithms.
• Should have strong programming experience in any of the scripting and OOPS languages (Java).
• Should be a team player and collaborate within and across cross functional teams.
• Should have good communication skills.
• Should be conversant with Agile software development
• Should have thorough knowledge of the system and be customer focused.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
At GE Additive, we're passionate about the transformative power of advanced manufacturing. In the past few years, we have built a tremendous network of teams and sites that are advancing additive manufacturing every day. And as a notable user of additive technologies, we recognize the value and potential it brings to modern design and manufacturing challenges.
We are looking at talented, excited software professionals, who are willing to embark on this journey of building scalable software solutions for GE Additive, using the latest technologies and willing to learn and grow along with the team. You'll be part of a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is not mandatory**
- Full time
Posted 14 Feb 2020
Closes 14 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Quality control