Customer & Product Support Engineer
- GE Aviation - 292 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
City of Bristol, England
To enable our customers to get full benefit from our products and services by supporting their manufacture, delivery, operation and maintenance. Maintain operation manuals. Implement the resources, and logistics required to perform these activities on customers' site/property and at OCR's facility. This post requires national and international travel.
- Build and configuration of systems for customer use or OCR delivered deployments
- Preparation and packaging of products, final QA and shipping
- Support the sales functions at OCR, communicating OCR's technologies and capabilities at exhibitions, customer sites and OCR's online presence.
- All field services training related activities for both employees and customers, including delivering product, system and process trainings and providing ongoing support to ensure the standard and quality of field service execution
- Support development of operator and maintenance manuals
- Electromechanical assembly and repair
- Repairs and overhaul of equipment at customer sites globally and at Bristol
- Maintain OCR's online presence to market the company's capabilities and developments (website, social media etc.)
- Contribution to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team, driving customer experience and ensuring profitable work for OCR And other duties as may reasonably be required, consistent with the post and company needs
- Confident, articulate and experienced in working at pace in a highly dynamic and fast moving business environment
- Engineering background education
- Strong oral and written communication skills and enjoys interacting with customers
- A good understanding of technical drawings, and ability to identify materials and assembly methods
- Proven capability to operate and maintain mechatronic systems
- Good time management and planning skills
- Drive for results - self-starter, dynamic and results-driven; able to handle a complex workload and overcome obstacles in a pressurized environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least proven experience in Services)
- Experience of working in a hi-tec engineering or manufacturing company
This post requires the employee to travel to customer sites (GEA and 3rd party) as appropriate, approximately 25% of the time, a driving license and current UK Passport are required
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, image and video editing
- Experience of using CAD
- Have experience with electromechanical systems and developing training materials, manuals and repair guides
- Experience in delivering training to operators with a wide range of skillsets
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
- Full time
Posted 14 Feb 2020
Closes 14 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Product support