Technical Programme Lead - NPI Test Equipment
- GE Aviation - 292 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The Technical Programme Lead for NPI Test Equipment utilises experience and expertise to
solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to
successfully influence short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Accountable for leading key aspects of project execution including scope, schedule, cost, technical, risk and quality for their discipline.
- Compile bids and estimates for future proposed projects.
- Responsible for planning the processes, procedures and design practices that are tailored from governing organisational documents for their discipline.
- Responsible to collaborate across project to:
- Identify and resolve project issues within development teams, escalating when required.
- Ensure overall project deliverables are met.
- Accountable as the Control Accountant Manager for project elements delegated by the Engineering Project Manager.
- Responsible for leading day-to-day activities of Individual Engineers.
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- The Test System Department designs and develops state of the art custom test Hardware and Software, Test Harnesses and Documentation for all up and coming Avionics Products being designed and built within our facility.
- Working closely with 3rd party manufacturing houses to produce TE to our requirements.
- We also design and manufacture a variety of smaller test boxes, breakout boxes and test cables to support NPI development.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, (or equivalent)
- Strong experience in an engineering position
Applications from job seekers who require
sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all
other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a
post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these
circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https:// Apply/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...peop
- Full time
Posted 14 Feb 2020
Closes 14 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Airline sales