Embedded Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 271 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
We are developing the next generation of additive equipment, come lead the design, delivery, and integration of mechanical systems and sub-systems of this industrial hardware. Utilize your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, and help change how the world designs, builds, produces, and consumes everything! Are you looking for a role that you can help shape the future? Let's redefine what's possible together!
- Execute the design, analysis, or evolution of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide engineering support in areas of controls, electrical and software
- Develop machine software using best practices and proven designs
- Ability to develop software requirements, write software and test cases to show compliance to requirements, and participate in code reviews
- Proficiency in PLC structured text programming
- Work on cross-functional projects / teams to provide the best design solutions for the business
- Ability to execute projects and document results
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Software, electrical, and controls experience
- Experience in the field of additive manufacturing
- New product introduction experienced, designing hardware, equipment, process development, etc.
- Emphasis on electric motors and drives, feedback control systems, or signal processing preferred
- Proficiency programming B&R PLCs & safety PLCs
- Experienced with version control (GitHub)
- Experienced in motion control and knowledge of high precision motion control systems
- Experienced controlling 3 phase motors using VFDs
- Experienced controlling DC motors using PWM control
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
Additive manufacturing is transforming the world and GE Additive is leading that transformation. Today GE Additive is developing technologies and machines that will transform, adapt and evolve as quickly as the world changes around us, delivering fast and at scale.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Ohio;West Chester;
- Full time
Posted 13 Feb 2020
Closes 13 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Software engineer