Advanced Lead Engineer - Embedded Software Development
- GE Aviation - 288 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
An opportunity has arisen for a new member of the software team developing safety critical software for a Power Distribution system. As an Advanced Lead Software Engineer you will be responsible, as a team member of a Scrum team, for the design and development of this real-time embedded software. You will take an innovative approach to problem-solving and share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organisation.
- Execute the requirements, design, implementation and verification of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / programme requirements
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Significant commercial experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software
- Demonstrated ability for independent and sound technical judgment, identification of problems and formulating solutions.
- Hands on experience of software design lifecycle within Aerospace
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B or C, DAL level A or B.
- Experience of target hardware (for example C167, C269, PowerPC, Coldfire, PIC Microcontroller, TMS320)
- Good problem solving and solution building skills
- Good communication skills to team, peers, and management
- Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
Applications from job seekers who require
sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all
other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a
post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these
circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be
maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance
cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of
employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the
link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Experience of Scrum
- Experience of DOORs
- A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for software engineering.
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones.
- Experience of mentoring junior software engineers
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page
- Full time
Posted 12 Feb 2020
Closes 12 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Product support