- GE Aviation - 271 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
As a Test Technician, you will be responsible for the fault-finding (to component level) of failed LRUs and PCBs on production test and specifying the required repair to return the failed product to correct operation. This will involve the use of circuit diagrams and assembly drawings, and may require you to seek guidance from the Cell Support Engineering teams.
- Fault-finding of electronics modules and LRU's to component level
- Support for Test process, including Functional & ICT test for PCBs and ATP and ESS tests for
- Accurate logging of failure data in FRACAS database
- All aspects of setup of equipment to support test and fault-finding.
- Compliance with and adherence to relevant processes and procedures
- HNC Electronics Engineering, City & Guilds Electronics servicing or equivalent
- PC literate
- Able to fault-find using own initiative to component level
Applications from job seekers who require
sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all
other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a
post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these
circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be
maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance
cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of
employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the
link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Flexible working and shift working may be a feature of the role
- Understanding / knowledge and appreciation of high voltage
- Takes ownership and responsibility for completing tasks
- Proactive self-starter with a can do attitude
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
- Full time
Posted 12 Feb 2020
Closes 12 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic