Advanced Lead Engineer - HPT Module Owner
- GE Aviation - 305 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
As the HPT Module Owner in Large Military Engineering, you will be responsible for the ownership and coordination within the HPT module, as well as HPT airfoils and nozzles ownership. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes to meet various needs across the organization, handle complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- This role requires executing, with limited guidance, the analysis and evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product and program requirements
- Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to challenges
- Own the HPT module which will include serving as the primary module interface, integrating customer and company funded improvement projects, and developing module strategic plans
- Serve as the design hardware owner of the F101 / 110 / F118 / J85 / TF34 family of HPT airfoils and nozzles
- Work closely with Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Programs, Sourcing and Quality
- In leading these projects, you will drive both cost and schedule, as well as formulating and implementing plans to achieve all commitments
- Own and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
- Provide technical mentorship to other personnel and assigned teams
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical or aerospace engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a mechanical or aerospace engineering position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with airfoils and nozzles
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to guide and influence others
- Proven process orientation in approach to work
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE Aviation, and Large Military Engineering, are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 8 Feb 2020
Closes 8 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Project manager