Senior Engine Technician - On Wing Support
- GE Aviation - 288 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Feltham, Greater London, England
The Senior Engine Technician will provide quick-turn aircraft engine maintenance on wing, repair and field services. In this role, you will provide engine troubleshooting, field repairs, and line maintenance while developing positive relationships with customers through outstanding customer awareness.
- Takes ownership for and follows through on full scope of work tasks and projects, approaches work with a \"can-do\" attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
- Working within a Team environment, repairing Aircraft Engines either within the shop environment, at a customer's facility or at an Airport Location
- Being able to work to tight deadlines on Quick Turn Engine repairs which could involve the replacement of Modules, Top Case Repairs Borescope/Boreblending and Service Bulletin implementation
- Have flexibility to travel to job sites with very little notice on AOG support #LI-SM1
- The Candidate will have had a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Will have proven experience from within the Aviation Industry working with Commercial Aviation Engine Repair, and associated processes, including LRU Removal/Installation and Engine Borescope/Boroblend
- Demonstrable experience of providing services within a high quality, highly regulated and customer facing environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS .
- Strong communication skills and problem solving ability are a must
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technology
GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
- Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
- Demonstrated quality, compliance and customer satisfaction skills
- Experience in repair of large commercial engines
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
United Kingdom;Feltham, London;
- Full time
Posted 8 Feb 2020
Closes 8 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Airline IT