Lead Design Engineer (m/f/d) Additive Manufacturing
- GE Aviation - 264 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Garching an der Alz, Bayern, Germany
In this role, you will be a key senior member of the AddWorks European Design Team. You will work with external and GE internal businesses to help to introduce additive technology into them appropriately, training their teams, identifying business cases and realising new part and product deigns, supporting the customer and accelerating their journey from first contact up to their final serial production release of their parts.
- Work with customers to identify the best path for the introduction of metal am into their organisation, e.g. training the team, part identification, re-design for am etc.
- Lead and support customer engagements, understand customer requirements and delivering additive manufacturing knowledge transfer to the customer through training, workshops & execution of collaborative design, development & manufacturing projects
- Product redesign or new product clean sheet design of parts, assemblies and systems for metal additive manufacturing considering DMLM, EBM and/or Binder Jet modalities
- Able to work in a multi-functional, global team
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Want to gain experience in one of GEs fastest growing business units? Join us! We are looking forward in receiving your online application!
- Bachelors/Master's degree in an Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Experience of direct collaboration or communication with external customers, suppliers and project partners
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing technologies and design for additive
- Strong working knowledge of one or more CAD systems e.g. NX, CREO, CATIA and several years of experience working as Design or Senior Design Engineer
- Familiarity with mechanical & thermal simulation tools e.g. ANSYS Workbench
- Proficient in English
- Validated ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects
- Proficient in German
- Experience in AM build job preparation - part orientation & support design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GE Additive - part of GE - is a world leader in additive design and manufacturing, a pioneering process that has the power and potential to transform businesses. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines and quality materials, we empower our customers to build innovative new products. Products that solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes and help change the world for the better. GE Additive includes additive machine providers Concept Laser and Arcam EBM; along with additive material provider AP&C.
Germany;Garching, Munich, Lichtenfels;
- Full time
Posted 7 Feb 2020
Closes 7 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Planning engineer