Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component - Affinity Exhaust
- GE Aviation - 288 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
As an Exhaust Mechanical Component Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and ownership of exhaust hardware on the Affinity Supersonic Engine. In this role, you will build and utilize multiple skill-sets including analysis, design, product definition, and manufacturing implementation for metallic exhaust components.
If you have a desire to advance our supersonic engine capabilities join the Affinity Exhaust Team!
Your essential responsibility will be to thoroughly apply yourself and exhibit ownership on all assignments you have making commercial super sonic exhaust system components. Treat your teammates and cross functional contributors as a mission based team focusing on delivering for your customer and the aviation industry at large. You will be empowered as much as you empower yourself but will have a supportive team around you to keep you on the right path. Looking for a self starter exhibiting professionalism, team oriented mindset, and with initiative to spare.
In addition, you'll have the more traditionally listed essential responsibilities for a lead engineer:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures&
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Interface with and manage vendors and sub-contractors to manufacture designed products
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Proficient in Siemens NX v12 preferred
- ANSYS Classic and Workbench
- Analysis and design experience with large structures/hot structures
- Jet engine exhaust design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Creative problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to manage and prioritized tasks to meet long term project schedules with minimal supervision
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Experience in industrial equipment design and integration
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain government security clearance
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Full time
Posted 5 Feb 2020
Closes 5 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic