Regional Ground Operations Manager
- easyJet - 52 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 330 aircraft flying over 1000 routes to more than 34 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the eighth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
This role is responsible for the consistent drive of performance in region; making sure on-time performance key indicators are met at all times. You will be driving the cost savings challenge by leading, managing, mentoring and supporting the Ground Operations Managers (GOMs) team to deliver great performance, in conjunction with procurement and other cross functional stakeholders
The role will be specifically focused on managing and owning the supplier relationship, being the lead in procuring new services and working closely with supplier on continuous improvement and innovation as well as on some saving initiatives.
The role will also involve contract management, consistent delivery of excellent performance and working with stakeholders on immediate airports projects, such as BER opening, as well as strategic projects looking forward approx. 24 - 36 months.
During its first year, this role will also heavily focus on the new BER airport opening, driving easyJet's interests at all time by using excellent ground operations knowledge and background, as well as influencing skills.
- Provides focused leadership of all members of the team. Ensuring that an effective team is formed with regular, structured meetings reviewing performance in all areas and detailed actions in place to for continued improvement.
- Has oversight of safety in their region
- Ownership of the Ground Ops budget, ownership of the Ground Handing contracts and Supplier Relationship Management
- Ensures that all aspects of the operation conform to the regulatory requirements and easyJet's own standards
- Co-ordinates all operation activities within the area of the remit ensuring that easyJet is represented in a positive and consistent manner with all 3rd parties, regulators / government bodies etc. as appropriate.
- Set out the operational requirements for all services to be procured. Works with the procurement team to ensure a successful outcome for the company
- Manages commercial relationships at an operational level, working with the airport development / finance teams to ensure that costs are kept within budgetary constraints. Seek out new ways to lower the cost base.
- Champions and ensures a consistent delivery of the easyJet product / brand in order to maximise the customer / employee satisfaction
- Highlights inconsistency with delivery and manages fast and effective solutions to resolve short falls.
- Forges relationships at a corporate & national level where appropriate to influence the decision making within the operational arena, ensuring that base performance / activities are co-ordinated / facilitated working closely with other member of the base team
- Full time
Posted 4 Feb 2020
Closes 5 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Ground crew