Industrial Security Specialist
- GE Aviation - 292 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Industrial Security Specialist (ISS) will be a part of a dynamic security team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and experience with the implementation of DoD security requirements within a defense contractor.
- Interpret DoD and local security policies and provides guidance to employees as needed
- Assist other team members with the creation of local security policies and disseminates customer driven security directives to teammates and program personnel
- Assist in managing the DoD e-QIP / JPAS personnel clearance database to ensure personnel security clearances are processed efficiently
- Work closely with the assistant FSO to enforce visitor control protocols and manage badge access control systems
- Assist the security team with derivative classification reviews and document control inventories utilizing Access Commander
- Assist in the implementation of an active Security Awareness and Education Program
- Conduct initial and refresher program security briefings to new and existing employees
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Security)
- Possess at least a SECRET level government clearance
- Proficiency in JPAS, Access Commander and COMSEC software packages
- Familiarity with NISPOM guidelines
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures as required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to excel in multi-tasked environments and prioritize to schedule
- Presents a professional demeanor and demonstrates excellent speaking, writing and organizational skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 4 Feb 2020
Closes 4 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Airport security