Sr Sales Staff Director - Aircraft Electrical Power
- GE Aviation - 288 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The Sr. Sales Staff Director leads the functional area of sales for the Electrical Power Distribution business segment. Reporting to the Sales General Manager - Integrated Systems, this person will lead a team of sales professionals directly responsible for the capture of worldwide Tier-1 level aircraft electrical power system business.
- Execute on assigned operating plan to assure that business achieves growth, orders and cash targets.
- Build influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers.
- Direct the sales team to identify, qualify and develop opportunities driving growth.
- Develop customer strategies and pursuit / campaign plans.
- Direct major cross functional campaigns and pursuits spanning multiple manufacturing / engineering facilities for military and civil programs.
- Key customers include major aircraft OEMs and Government organizations.
- Lead numerous, complex, multi-million-dollar proposal efforts.
- Improve cash flow by managing the division's past due program.
- Develop direct staff by empowering them to lead, providing persistent coaching & leading frequent business development training sessions.
- Interact with CRM systems tracking performance metrics of sales team.
- Demonstrate commercial and technical expertise within the aircraft electrical power system and power generation market segment.
- Own division input for operating planning and forecasting.
- Drive strategy and growth initiatives for the division.
- Participate in negotiations as needed to close deals.
25%-50% domestic & international travel as needed to meet job requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Significant experience in aerospace / defense industry business development, sales or marketing.
- Some experience leading a sales, business development or marketing team.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Prior experience in the aircraft electrical power industry is not required but would be beneficial.
- Prior experience with sales planning and forecasting.
- Solid track record in implementing change
- Prior sales experience in leading major aerospace/defense OEM pursuits.
- Prior experience managing major proposal efforts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills.
- Sound people management and decision-making skills.
- Strong customer focus and results-oriented.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky t
- Full time
Posted 3 Feb 2020
Closes 3 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Airline sales