Materials Commodity Leader
- GE Aviation - 274 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rivalta di Torino, Piemonte, Italy
Sourcing is becoming a crucial part of the Avio Aero strategy with a direct impact on our KPIs, including cost out and on time delivery while ensuring uncompromising quality. Directly reporting to the Sourcing Leader, as the Commodity Leader for Materials you will lead the retionalize and enhance our supplier base, pursuing excellence in terms of costs and performances.
As the Commodity Leader for Materials you will
- Be responsible to co-design and execute the Growth Play Book (long term strategy plan) for your Commodity - Raw Material, Forgings (close dye and rings), bearing and seals powders for additive application, sand castings.
- Working in strong collaboration with the Sourcing Strategy Leader to harmonize it in the overall Sourcing GPB
- Ensure sourcing process integrity, productivity optimization, quality and fulfillment
- Develop supplier/buyer contractual relationships to meet the business needs also through contracts negotiation
Commodity metrics such as, but not limited to, Suppliers KPI, Net
Deflation, Cost out, non-quality cost recovery;
our supplier base simplification and development, working on their
performance management, solving problems and developing new solutions
through innovative approaches;
tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost
reduction and performance improvements projects;
with the Sourcing Procurement and Supplier Quality Leaders to ensure that
our Plants comply with Customers deliver requirement;
and share knowledge from collective negotiation experiences to
successfully execute agreements and handle multi-party, sole source, and
- To Strengthen and develop the supplier base for the
commodity also ensuring a renewal of it; Negotiate
according to specific policies and achieve the best contractual
a direct team of 15 and work with cross functional teams to achieve
Sourcing and Company's priorities
this position you will closely collaborate with GE Aviation Sourcing team
to share best practices and contribute to the overall strategy/KPIs
- Master's degree (Engineering and technical education preferred);
- Solid Experience in Sourcing, negotiation, program and project management.
- Good Knowledge of Supply Chain processes;
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to analyze and resolve problems, coordinate and oversee complex product;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills: lead teams and strategy, ability to motivate teams and work well with diverse, cross functional teams;
- Good knowledge of financial/business concepts;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Italian;
- EU work permit.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Avio Aero a GE Aviation Business is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
Avio Aero is a business that designs, manufactures and maintains components and systems for civil and military aviation. We provide our customers with innovative technology solutions to quickly respond to the endless changes required by the market: additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping, as well as technologies dedicated to the production of mechanical transmissions, turbines and combustors. Our team consists of over 4,800 people, 4,200 of whom work in Italy. Our head office is in Rivalta di Torino, where our largest production facility is also located. Other important Italian plants are in Brindisi, Pomigliano d'Arco (Naples) and Cameri (Novara), and we also have a production plant and a test center in Poland.
Follow us LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram or become a fan of our Facebook Page. Stay up to date on what's happening at Avio Aero a GE Aviation Business around the globe by checking out the About Magazine .
Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community and keep updated on GE whereabouts by the GE Careers Blog .
Privacy Notice under Artt. 13 and 14 of Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
To view the privacy notice on the processing of your personal data and the modalities with which you can exercise your rights, please click here . By proceeding to apply to this
- Full time
Posted 1 Feb 2020
Closes 1 Mar 2020
This job was posted to: Planning engineer
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of